Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What? Discontinued?

So we went to Ikea this morning and when we browsed the bedroom section I approached the yellow uniform guy and said, 'Dik, katil Ikea Tromsnes tu takde ke? And he said 'Katil tu dah discontinued kak'.  What? I couldn't believe it. I just saw it a few months back with my dearest hub. Serious, in December last  year I think. *crying*


I was dreaming that this is the most perfect bed for my soon to be sewing room + play room. 


Don't cha think? Ikea called it day bed. It can be used as bed as well as seating.

Even the price is a little bit high for a single bed frame, I couldn't care less. I want it, I want it, I want it! How my dream has been smashed by Ikea. My fave place for window shopping therapy. How could you Ikea!

Lucky me, I have Plan B. Since the dimension of the sewing room + play room is only 8ftx12ft (my rough estimation), I figured out another option.


The cheapest Ikea sofabed.  You might be wondering why I  need this in my sewing + play room.   Me and my hubs have a big family and we we're both the eldest.  Besides having guest room, extra bed is very much needed when they come for a sleepover.  

This sofa bed can come to the rescue. Plus, this will be Raisya's couch for watching her favorite show (Mickey Mouse, Barney.......) while Mama and Daddy can watch TV peacefully in a living room. Smart solution, right?
And this sofa also can give more polished look to the room. Just add some throw pillows and wallah, "sweetheart studio".

Can't wait to start. Wish me luck, peeps!



2 comments:

Amnah said...

WHAT!?!??!?!?? Noooooo!!!! I said I was going to get this bed for my daughters once my youngest started climbing out of her crib (which is now!). Oh this just stinks!

I wonder if it's discontinued in the states as well.

Glad you found a backup!

Marlene Anna Malek said...

Amnah, hope it is still available in the states.