Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Phew, it's finally done and posted!

Hello readers!


I want to share with you my not so recent project of home improvement. 


I have had this TV cabinet from Ikea since 2006.  It served it purpose well until we finally moved to our own house early April this year. It's still sturdy  enough but the color is soooo yesterday I felt like buying a new one immediately. But the thought of forking out a thousand ringgit for a decent TV cabinet does not appeal to me.


Since I'm an avid reader of home decorating blog, the idea of painting an old furniture and gives it a new life really inspire me. You can check out a lot of cool blogs that offer a really great tutorial on how to paint an old furniture.  


First let me show you my TV cabinet in its original state. 
Sad =(




After I give him 2 coats of primer and spray paint, it turned out to this. 
Happy =)


Yes, I'm watching Glee. You caught me.  Haha.  So, what do you think? Can I say from blah to ahh? At least aahh to me because its really complement my living room color scheme for now. The height also has been increased for a better view with the use of leg instead of wheel. 

Anyone like to know the details on the cost and how I did it? If yes, I'm glad to share! 

3 comments:

Mizz D said...

Nice done sister!

But you should upload your house Deco photos! Thats give an overview of your beautiful house!

Yay!

(ps : I hire you as my ID OK! heheh)

Marlene Anna Malek said...

wait ya! It's still a work in progress. Maybe a house tour soon. =p

fatinnRahman said...

Impressive!

Keep it up kak! Would love to see ur house tour soon!

Love.