Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sweet Peasant Dress

When I said I sew, I sew and I sew for the past two months, it means that I really sew something. I've been sewing either for my daughter or for my friends. But, none for me (not even my baju raya). 


My friend, Akma (we used to send our daughter to the same babysitter) asked me if I could sew a birthday dress for her daughter. She even had a picture  of what she wanted. Her major requirement: a dress with sleeves.


Initially, I'm thinking of dress with cap sleeves. Like this one.


Left: My version of cap sleeves
Right: Flutter sleeves found HERE




For me, I prefer girl dress without sleeves. However, to meet Akma's requirement, I think a peasant dress is the best. Since it's cover the underside of the arm. 


So, how cute is this dress? I used Dena Designs Kumari Garden for the bodies and Erin Mcmorris Wildwood for the sleeves. I think the color combination is just right. What do you think? 




Psst: Please feel free to comment. I need comment to improve.


No comments: