Wednesday, October 26, 2011

sick is not cool

October is a sick month.



My husband, myself and my brother (who is staying with me) all got it one after another.  



Here is the chronological of event of our sick October.


7th October - First my husband and my brother were down with fever. 


9th October - My brother was admitted to the hospital because of Dengue. Dengue hit badly in my housing area. There would be a fogging taken place every morning and night.


10th October - I started to get chills and feverish. I showered and went ahead to the office by the way.  As I was talking to my Boss, I started feeling cold then hot then cold a companied with a headache. I went to the clinic and doctor gave me MC that day. 


11th October -  I couldn't get up from the bed but still I need to see the doctor to get my MC. My temperature was 39 and doctor gave me MC for two days. I didn't have any symptoms of Dengue. My father came from hometown and brought "Crab Soup" for my brother. Not a regular crab but Ketam Nipah. Crab soup is said to increase your platelet and cure dengue fever.


12th October - I rested at home. I have no appetite at all since the first day of fever.


13th October - I went to the office and decided to see the doctor again when my colleagues notices that I'm sick and says to me " You should think about calling the doctor's office to find out if they think you should come in. My eyes were red but I felt nothing wrong with it. Doctor took a blood test and gave me MC and also referring letter to the hospital in case the test came out positive for dengue or viral fever.  She asked me to wait until noon. Luckily, the result came out negative for Dengue. I decided to stay at the office since it's already 2 p.m but did nothing at all. 


14th October - My eyes were still red and I feel pain on my right cheek. I went to the office as usual and my Boss give me permission to go back early. While I resting that day, I finally found out that I had infection on my wisdom tooh after some "googling". Thanks Mr. Google for the info! That night I started feeling pain on my gum and cheek. Later in the evening my brother was discharged from hospital. 


"An infected wisdom tooth can appear to be a common problem, because most people do not have enough room on the jaw for this kind of tooth to erupt.  Wisdom teeth have a high probability of developing abnormally, which dentists call an impacted wisdom tooth"


More on the above by reading this link



15th October - My right cheek swollen. I hurriedly met a dentist and she found out I had an infection in my bottom right wisdom tooth and because of it my face was swollen. She asked me to take medicine to reduce the swell and and also antibiotics to clear up before schedule for removal.


20th October - My wisdom tooth finally removed. It was painful I tell you. I feel like screaming and crying when the dental surgeon made the incision into my gum. Yes, local anesthesia was given but I still can feel the pain. I can not wait to end the session. My mouth hurt. The extraction requires stitches. Arghhh..... it was the most painful experience I had with dentist and also painful for the wallet. It costs me RM700.60.  After 1 hour, the procedure completed. I couldn't talk. The gum was bleeding and I had to bite on a roll of gauze for several hours, no until night.


I headed home and as I was lying on the sofa, my husband texted me and said he was admitted to Prince Court because of appendix. He asked me to send his clothes. That night he went for an immediate surgery. As I felt very weak to drive, I had to wait for my brother to brought me to the hospital. Me and my daughter slept on the sofa bed in the ward that night. My gum still bleeding.


21st October - We just resting in the hospital. I'm craving for nasi. I only can eat something soft and cold either from the fridge or room temperature. 


22nd October - My husband finally discharged from hospital. Alhamdulillah. He was given a week MC to rest. 


As I wrote this I still feel a little tingling and throbbing pain on my gum.  My husband trip to Japan today is cancelled due to medical reason.


There goes our October. So, no sewing updates from me even though I really miss sewing.  My beautiful fabric sitting pretty on my table waiting to be sew.






1 comment:

rahzel said...

wow..pjgnyer entry kali ni...