Friday, October 28, 2011

Wide Waistband Skirt Dress

As usual, I would bring to you an outdated, cheated post on my sewing project. Outdated because this skirt dress is done in September. Cheated because I didn't have any recent sewing updates to post except this one.



Raisya had 1 Guess skirt dress that was a gift from my BFF, Mary (not a real name =p).


She clearly had outgrown that skirt. 




So I thought of making a new one for Raisya in a less complicated version. It is actually sleeveless top (minus the collar) which sewn together with wide elastic waistband skirt - the most interesting part of the dress.  


Seen here are the pictures of Raisya wearing the dress with a crop cardigan from Seed since we were in Genting when the pictures were taken. 


click on the image to enlarge
I listed here my source of materials for making this dress:
  • Top - shirt fabric from People Textile. It's expensive. Please opt for a thrifted shirt if you thought of making one.
  • Skirt - striped fabric from Isetan Textile (not Isetan in KLCC, ya friends!)  
  • 2-inch Wide Elastic Waistband - sewing supplies shop next to Hong Leong Bank in Petaling Street.
Till then, see ya!