Friday, July 20, 2012

Romper Dress - the first attempt

My first attempt at making my own romper pattern.  I spent a good half day to figure out the pattern and sizing. Since the request to make this romper was for 6-9 months old baby, I used Raisya's old clothes as reference.

When you left sewing for almost half a year, it's quiet challenging to start all over again.  I feel lost. I even had to cut the pattern on a remnant fabric and sewed the pattern pieces together to make sure it's the right sizing I was looking for (which is based on my assumption only). Alhamdulillah, it turned out ok. I proceeded with the real fabric and it turned out to be like this.

V
V

V



Not bad, eh? But I still wasn't sure with the fit until I put the romper on my almost 1 yr old baby cousin. It fit her well. What a relief! 1 thing need to change is the snap button. I used snap fasteners kit from Daiso.  My fingers hurt, I tell ya! If only I had a snap press....



 Pre-washed fabric : Central Park by Kate Spain for Moda Fabrics. 


By the way, to all my friends and family, "Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan Al-Mubarak". Semoga Ramadhan kali ini membawa seribu keberkatan dan lebih baik dari Ramadhan sebelumnya.



No comments: